This section of the tutorial introduces the integration of MAGNET system to open standards such as Industrial Foundation Class (IFC) with IFC plugin. In this tutorial, we have an IFC model: a bridge (superstructure and substructure) and its GIS coordinate stored in a text file. This way the IFC model which is created in local coordinates can be linked to design GIS coordinates.
- Open Data\Tutorial02.vmpx with MAGNET Explorer or skip this step if the file is opened.
- Import IFC file
- In Explore tab, click Import File > Navigate to select Proposed_Bridge_Structures.ifc in Data
- In IFCPlugin Dialog,
- Group name: Design/Bridges
- Filter sub group by: Layer
- Origin: open Data\Proposed_Bridge_Structures_Origo.txt and copy the coordinates to Origin.
- Click OK to accept settings
Zoom to the bridge and activate Object Info tool to view its information. You can find that all IFC attributes like object types, volume etc are listed in Object information panel.
- Save the project.
This is the end of this section of the tutorial. To continue next tutorial on Collaboration function of MAGNET Explorer, keep the project opened.