This section of the tutorial will introduce the collaboration function of MAGNET Explorer.
Topic is the concept used as a means of reporting document design errors, comments or exchange ideas among stakeholders. Topics are saved with project file and therefore always connected to model. Topics can be synchronized between users using Collaboration Server. With custom attributes, topics can be used for example for idea, defect or task management.
With MAGNET Collaborate functions, users can comment on topics by adding a new comment. Commenting creates a communication environment inside model which replaces the need to exchange e-mails between users. E-mails might get lost or might not reach all parties, which makes it difficult for stakeholders to exchange ideas.
Commenting and communication inside model will make sure information is never lost and is available to all project members.
- Open Data\Tutorial02.vmpx with MAGNET Explorer or skip this step if the file is opened
- Visually examine model:
- Zoom into the south end of the bridge, you can see there is a clear bump in the road model which is an error either in model or in design.
- Document the issue
- In Explore tab > Collaborate > Click Topic list to activate Topic list panel
- In Topic list panel click icon to create new topic. Rename the topic as "Error 1".
- Edit topic:
- Double clicking thumbnail or activate Topics Editor panel in Explore tab> Collaborate
- Click Edit to type the description and edit attributes.
- Click Save
- Topic attributes can be customized based on project needs using Attribute editor.
- In Explore tab> Collaborate > Click Topic attributes
- Type new Attribute and click "+" to add new attribute for topics. Attributes can be deleted using the "-" icon.
- In Topic Editor panel, the attribute can be edited: