In civil engineering projects, one goal is to make sure there is no collision among different engineering disciplines. With MAGNET Explorer models can be analyzed visually by measuring objects, detecting and calculating object collision.
The Clash detection tool will automatically find clashes between selected geometry groups. Found issues after analyzing the model can be documented as Topics. In this lesson, you will experience how to setup a clash analysis, checking its results and use MAGNET Explorer's tools to report detected clashes to involved persons.
- Open Data\Tutorial02.vmpx with MAGNET Explorer or skip this step if the file is already opened.
- In Analyze tab > Click Clash Detection
- In Clash detection panel, add main groups to analyze into clash detection settings
- First selection: Click the green "+" > Select the group Design/Bridges
- Second selection: Click the green "+" > Select the group Design/Water&Sewer
- Other settings as in below figure:
- Click Calculate to run the clash detection function.
- When the calculation has finished, it will detect 2 clashes and show those in the Clash Results list.
- In Analyze tab> Click Clash Results to activate Clash Results panels.
- Select “Show only selected groups” and double click first clash, it will zoom into the location of first detected clash.
- Clash can be classified by defining a resolution from drop down list, choose “Valid”. You can also write a comment into clash what to do with it.
- Clashes can also be saved as Topics with “Create topic” tool in Clash Results panel, which allows more detailed handling and synchronization with rest of the project members.
This is the end of this tutorial. Next tutorial will demonstrate how to share the model to other users.