This lesson shows you how to create a new project from a project with a several imported LandXML models with MAGNET Explorer.
Time estimated: 3mins:30s
Start MAGNET Explorer.
Create a new project by clicking on New button on the Projects tab.
Import terrain model to the project:
- In Explore tab, click on Import File -> Select Data\Existing_Terrain.xml.
In LandXML dialog:
- Group name: Existing/Terrain. This means all object groups in the XML file will nest under the group name Terrain which s the subgroup of Existing.
- Selected mode: unchecked Breakline group
- Material: Click on the arrow in the Material column to select material in the dropdown list
Click OK to accept.
Import designed road models to the project:
- In Explore tab, click Import File -> Select all .xml files starting with Proposed_RoadModel_M1_a in Data Folder
- Land XML dialog appears for each selected file that is imported. For each import:
- Rename the Group name: Design/Roadway. This way we create a new main group Design and its subgroup Roadway to contain all road model objects.
- Select Material: Click the arrow to select material in the drop down list for the surface group
Import designed water and sewer network model to the project.
In Explore tab, click Import File -> Select Proposed_PipeNetwork.xml in Data. In the LandXml dialog:
- Rename group name: Design/Water&Sewer. This way we create a new subgroup Water & Sewer nested under main group Design to contain all pipe network objects.
- Setting material: Click the arrow in Material column to select material in the drop down list for each pipe network.
In 3D view window, all imported data in design coordinated are visualized:
Save the project by clicking on Save button located in Project tabs.
This is the end of the first part of the tutorial. If you wish to continue to the next part of the tutorial and exploring MAGNET Explorer don't close your project.