In this lesson you will experience how easy to use the MAGNET Explorer environment is through the navigation, explorer and object information tools.
- To zoom in/out the model: use the mouse wheel
- To pan or orbit the model you have two choices: using Pan or Orbit functions
- Pan: Drag the view by holding the left mouse button.
- Orbit: click the right mouse button on the point that you want to set as the center. Hold right mouse button to move the model around that selected point.
- In Explore tab, Navigation > Click Pan
- The other way to manage your view is to use Orbit function. In Explore tab> Navigation > Click Orbit
- Orbit: use the left mouse button to move around a selected point on an orbit. The center of the view moves to the selected point.
- Pan: use the right mouse button to drag the view.
- To view all model, in Explore tab > Navigation > Click View All
- Other navigation options can be seen in Explore tab > Navigation
Explorer panel shows simplified project structure based on group settings of the model. Normally project is structured based on:
- data phase (input data, design, as built)
- subcategorized, based on main disciplines, naming based on national standard coding system
- structural elements / objects like road models, bridge models etc
- object internal structure like IFC layers, LandXML object names
In this tutorial, by assigning a group name for each imported file, you have created a simple structure as seen in the Explorer panel. This kind of simplified structure makes easier to manage complex projects and is used as basis for clash detection and 5D simulation.
By default, the Explorer panel is activated when starting MAGNET Explorer. If you don't see it, just click Explorer in Model Content tab.
In Explorer panel, you can also turn on/off the group's visibility by clicking on the eye icon.
- For example, we can keep all Design groups on and turn off Terrain in Existing group to view the underground facilities easier.
- In Explore tab > Model Content > Click Object Info to activate Object information panel
You can switch from Explorer panel to Object information panel if they are both active.
- Zoom to road surface, move cursor to the object that you want to view information. The pointed object is highlighted and its information is listed in the Object Information panel containing both 3D geometry and attribute information.
- Turn off all surface groups in Design/Roadway group and Existing/Terrain group. This helps you to isolate all breakline objects to select the them easier. Point cursor to the breakline object of which you want to view information on.
Zoom to pipe network, move cursor to the object to view its information.
- To turn off Object information panel, deactivate Object Info function by click on Object Info in Explore tab > Model Content