- AutoCAD Civil 3D (AutoCAD);
- MAGNET Modeler
- VDC Live (web-based service);
- Any other design package that can export LandXML, IFC from legacy design formats.
- Modeling of existing situation:
- Terrain with orthomapped images, buildings, forest areas, utility networks.
- Modeling of proposed designs:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D corridor and pipe network (water & sewer) models (or a design from other other package that has been exported into open standard format, LandXML);
- Autodesk Revit structural models (or a design from any other package that has been exported into open standard format, IFC);
- Converting 2D designs into 3D, like landscape objects, lighting, road signs, road markings.
- Creating a combined data model from all existing and proposed disciplines
- Collaborating using integrated collaboration tools
- Clash detection analysis to detect overlapping design disciplines
- 4D/5D simulation of construction phases
Tutorial files can be downloaded here.
When you download tutorial files and extract those to you hard drive, you should see the following main structure:
In MAGNET Explorer : View > Settings (double click on Textures link)
Once you have completed this tutorial, your MAGNET model should look like the image below: