Meshes can be used to create any arbitrary 3D object in to the virtual model.
Meshes read AutoCAD BLOCKs or MINSERT blocks which have 3D face elements inside of them or Solids. With meshes you can import your own 3D objects and geometries into virtual models. 3D faces have to be combined into AutoCAD blocks before MAGNET Modeler recognizes them and separates them from the surface model. Material of the mesh is defined as material areas for 3D faces.
All elements inside the mesh block get their material from material area list based on their layer inside the block. If material is not defined to their layer the mesh object default material is used.
Mesh objects can also contain solid objects inside blocks. Also 3d-rotated blocks are supported so user can rotate 3d-objects on any axis which is useful for example modeling drillings and underground support systems.
layer - Layer where mesh blocks are inserted.
materials - Default material for mesh. It is used only if the materials are not defined in Material Areas. If several materials are selected meshes use them randomly.
description - A descriptive text for the entry. If defined, will be shown instead of the long description.
info text - Information text attached to items.
info URL - URL link attached to items. MAGNET Explorer can launch a web browser with the URL.
object data tables - Autodesk Map object data tables that will be used for source of object information for the elements in the virtual model. The table list also matches wildcards.
rotation - Mesh rotation angle if rotating is set to NO.
scale - Scale of meshes.
interpolate - If set to YES the block is moved so that the insertion point is on the surface model. If set to NO the block is not moved.
- box - Texture is placed on 6 walls of the "box" surrounding the mesh and then projected to the mesh. Each triangle gets the texture of the wall where its normal points.
- normals - Each triangle is texturized according to its own coordinate system. Texture-origo is the first point of triangle and texture is direct according to horizon.
- xy-flat - Texture is dropped from above.
- spherical - Texture is wrapped around a sphere surrounding the mesh and then projected on the mesh.
- cylindrical - Texture is wrapped around a cylinder surrounding the mesh and then projected on the mesh.
group - The name of the group of these items.
cad_symbol - Used when drawing this object to AutoCAD:
- If not defined, a POINT will be drawn.
- If defined, defines the AutoCAD BLOCK that is inserted. The block must be defined in the drawing. The symbol scale and rotation will be set to defaults (scale=1 angle=0)
- default = Objects are aligned vertically as usually
- surface = Objects are aligned so that they follow surface shape. Texture elements are aligned perpendicular against surface triangle. 3D-Objects are aligned to surface using object dimensions (bounding box) and lowest points.