The project cut and fill quantities can be imported from a station specific bill of materials in Excel format (.xlsx).
Disposal areas, borrow pits and crushing plants are added manually. Drainage and other quantities can also be added with the bill of materials. It is possible to add or edit any quantities later.
In the video you will see an example of what bill of materials for an area and linear main road line looks like. Area is a point like location that is not station specific.
Bill of quantities for an alignment includes the following information: Column A contains the road line station and its ascending numbering. Columns B forward contain the masses of the road line quantities.
MAGNET Project to import the masses correctly, the following requirements must be met:
1. The cell "Station" has to be in the first column (MAGNET Project begins importing from that row onward).
2. The station numbering needs to be ascending, but the intervals do not necessarily need to be of the same length.
3. The names of the quantity types (e.g. Cut/Fill or Noisebank) and their units need to be identical with the quantity types defined in the MAGNET Project template or project file.
4. The quantities are formatted as numbers, not as text.
5. There are no summary rows below the quantity table.
Steps for importing a bill of quantities:
1. Start the import by creating a new project from template and import Bill of Quantities by selecting "Import" under "File". In this example we are using default template.
2. Select the correct file (Bill of Quantities) from your computer and click "Open".
3. Make sure the settings for your sheet are correct and connect your bill of quantities to correct location, if you already have locations set up in your project. Then click "Next.
4. If you don't wish to import some of the data, select "Don't import from the drop-down menu". Match quantity types with correct quantity types if needed. If quantity type names match the names defined in the template, there is no need to match quantity types manually.
If you are importing actual quantities, check the box for "Import quantities as actuals".
Then click "Import".
5. Open the Mass Haul View to view imported quantities. Cuts are shown above the line and fills below the line.